All diploma frames are available for purchase online and will be shipped to you or to Convocation for pick up. Frames can also be purchased and picked up at the Alumni Relations Office. The BRENTWOOD portrait frame is available for purchase and pick up at the alumni office or online. All other portrait frames are available online only.
ORDER PROCESSING TIME
Online orders are usually processed and shipped in 7 to 10 business days. Orders received in May and June are processed and shipped in 10 to 14 business days.
Orders are shipped with Canpar. We can’t ship to a P.O. box, therefore a street address must be provided for shipping.
All Milburn frames aside from the metal profile, are made from new wood that is cut down from government regulated and controlled tree farms. For every tree that is cut down, at least 2 seedlings are planted. All stains and lacquers used to finish the profiles are water based.
Our matboard is made from 100% recycled materials. It is of course acid-free, with a white-core bevel that will never fade or discolour, because of a treatment process that removes the impurities of the pulp fibers. All surface papers are produced with environmentally friendly colourants and all components are laminated with natural, environmentally sound starch adhesives.
Our suede mats are made with a white conservation quality core and backing, which meets all standards set by the FINE ART TRADE GUILD for conservation grade matting.
All frames are assembled with standard 2 mm clear glass.
Our paper and cardboard packaging and boxes are made from 100% recycled materials. The bags we use for our frames are made of polypropylene and are bio-degradable after two years.
To frame your diploma, follow these simple steps:
1. Remove the fibrex backing on the back of the frame by turning the seven tension clips.
2. Remove the acid-free black backing paper to expose the back side of the mat.
3. Peel back the covering on the acid-free re-positionable two way tape that runs along the top of the mat.
4. Centre your diploma and press down along the top over the two way tape.
5. If your diploma needs to be removed, it will not get damaged as it will lift easily from the re-positionable tape.
6. Put down the black backing paper and re-insert the fibrex backing by turning the tension clips into the channel that is cut into the moulding.
7. You are now ready to hang your diploma frame without any need for wire. The tension clip along the top of the frame is centered so you just need to insert it into a hanger or a screw with a plug.
MADE IN CANADA
Milburn Universal Designs is a Canadian company located in Stoney Creek, Ontario. All of our diploma frames and portrait frames are proudly made in Canada.
Our products are sold with an unconditional guarantee against any defects. Should you not be satisfied with your frame please contact us to speak with a customer service representative. PLEASE NOTE: Claims for damages in shipping must be made within 3 weeks of delivery of your frame.